Leesa is a mattress company that is committed to American-made and high-quality materials. With over 11,000 four-star reviews, they have made a name for themselves and have given numerous people a truly restful night’s sleep.
More than a retailer, Leesa is also a company dedicated to helping others. For every ten mattresses that they sell, the company donates one mattress. So far, they have donated over 26,000 mattresses to those in need.
With such a positive impact, Leesa seemed like a company that we just had to know more about. So, we decided to give Leesa mattresses a try for ourselves and to share the results with you in our Leesa mattress review. Our Smarttress testers and reviewers were more than pleased and found that the mattress is as beneficial to sleep as the company is to the community.
The Leesa mattress is designed from the inside out. This design is meant to give you support, comfort, and a universal restful sleep. Experts at the National Institute of Health suggest the health benefits of a restful sleep should not be underemphasized as a solid night of rest can support healthy brain function, emotional well-being, optimal physical health, and proper day-to-day functioning.
Leesa commits to giving their customers a restful sleep. The company combines the unique performance foam layers to deliver bounce and cooling with core support and pressure relief built in.
We found in the Leesa mattress review that this mattress is different from others in that it contains a two-inch layer of Cooling Avena Foam. It also has a layer of two-inch thick memory foam and a six-inch core support foam base. The fit of the mattress focuses on things such as pressure relief, support, cooling, and motion transfer.
Leesa mattress also makes a luxury version of its mattress called, Sapira. This mattress offers more of the quality materials and construction of the original mattress, but with added support and motion transfer capabilities.
Also important to note is that the company makes the mattress without ozone depleters, PBDE flame retardants, lead, mercury, formaldehyde, low VOC, and phthalates. What all this means is that the construction and material that go into the making of the mattress are friendly both to the environment and to the person sleeping on it.
The mattress is also convenient to purchase as it can be bought online and delivered for free, directly to your door in a compressed box. Leesa demonstrates their commitment to their customers with a one-hundred-day trial period.
The Leesa mattress uses a straightforward construction with these features incorporated into it:
- The mattress has cooling Avena Foam for a cushioned sleep without heat retention
- Pressure relieving memory foam
- Dense core support—no feeling of sinking into the mattress as with other memory foam mattresses
- Polyester blend, breathable cover, thicker than other covers on the market
- Comfort layer has two inches of Avena Foam, somewhat like latex
- The middle layer of the mattress consists of two inches of memory foam
- The base is made of six inches of high density poly foam which supports the comfort layers above it; this layer is the foundation of the mattress, it gives it shape and durability
- The mattress has a quick response and bounce to it due to its memory foam layer
- The Leesa performs well in motion transfer tests and does a good job of dampening disturbances
- Decent edge support—you won’t feel like you’re about to fall off the sides
- Fits all frames from twin to California king sizes
- We found that the mattress can accommodate multiple sleep positions because it has medium level firmness. It seems to work best for combination sleepers.
- Best for back and stomach sleepers
- Keeps the back aligned
- We at Smarttress found that while changing positions there was no disturbance for the other person
- Balanced general foam feel
- The mattress is very good at temperature regulation, but retains the memory foam feel
- The cover is trademarked and very soft to the touch
- Leesa is manufactured in the US and will ship straight to your door for a good value
- The company donates one mattress for every ten sold
- Leesa also plants one tree for every mattress sold
- Over 11,000 positive reviews
- 100% risk free 100 night in home trial
- Ten-year warranty
- Ships free and arrives in a compressed box
- No hassle refunds
- You will not like this mattress if you prefer innersprings, there are none in the design of this mattress
- The mattress doesn’t come with a box spring, so we had to purchase that separately
- We found if you are overweight the mattress may not offer enough support
- Strong smell to the mattress
- It might be a bit too firm for side sleepers
- Since the company is online, you can’t try it before you buy it, but the trial period mitigates this
- If you like a mattress with all the bells and whistles, you will have to look at more expensive luxury type mattresses
Get a Restful Sleep on a Leesa Today!
We at Smarttress found that the Leesa mattress not only supports a restful sleep but an entire lifestyle change. A deep, refreshing sleep on a Leesa mattress translated into better productivity the next day. People who sleep on their back or their sides will especially enjoy the Leesa. Although it can seem a bit firmer for side sleepers, the multiple layers of memory foam on top of the dense poly foam base provided just the right balance of softness and firmness.
Beyond the benefits of the mattress itself, it was also rewarding to know that the mattress we purchased would add to Leesa’s commitment to helping the community and the environment. Their donations make them an especially appealing choice for the conscientious consumer, and they earned more points for our Leesa mattress review.
Leesa is available to purchase on Amazon, where it has been ranked as an Amazon’s Choice product, and it is especially convenient in terms of shipping costs for Amazon Prime members.
You can also opt to buy directly from the company website, https://www.leesa.com/pages/home. Buying from the website has its perks as well since the company offers a 100-night risk-free trial as well as free shipping and returns.