When you’re looking for a new mattress, you have a variety of specific needs that must be met.
For example, you don’t want to get a new mattress to only find it sleeps too hot. You also don’t want to order a mattress that sucks you in when you lay down, allowing for virtually no escape.
A memory foam mattress is a perfect solution for these concerns, and the Live and Sleep mattress could be the one you’re searching for.
The Live and Sleep brand is only a few years old. They’ve built up their company with the intent to provide people with the knowledge and resources you’d find in a brick-and-mortar store without the awkwardness of testing out the mattresses in-store. Their second goal in their effort to provide customers with a high-quality mattress is to make the price as affordable as possible.
In our Live and Sleep Mattress review, we’ll go over everything about the mattresses offered by Live and Sleep, and we’ll see if it really is the best option for your needs.
The Live and Sleep mattress is all memory foam. The foam in the mattress is very responsive and bounces like few other foam beds would. The bounce is what gives it that firm feeling and prevents you from sinking into the bed.
It also has an effect on the cooling properties of the mattress, but the design is what really contributes to the airflow. The Live and Sleep has an open cell format which is constructed to keep you cool at night and keep air flowing. This is a property that few foam beds have.
There are multiple versions of the mattress that Live and Sleep offer, which can determine the features you experience.
For certain models, you get extra features that contribute to nighttime cooling. The Classic, for example, simply cools thanks to its cover and breathability. The Elite has the extra perk of having an extra layer of gel-infused foam with cooling properties. The Luxury also has this extra layer, but it’s twice as thick. The design of the Live and Sleep is made to support the sleeper and make them as comfortable as possible.
Our Live and Sleep Mattress review focused on the following features:
- Construction – To analyze the product features of a Live and Sleep mattress, we’ll be reviewing the Luxury mattress as it has the highest number features. The Luxury mattress promises to give their customers the highest quality. It’s constructed from a premium blend and is 12” in thickness.
Each mattress will come with a top cover that is not only breathable but soft to the touch. It’s designed to contour to your body and has the ability to stretch far.
The first layer of the mattress is composed of 2.5” memory foam. It makes those who sleep on it feel like they’re being embraced and assists in pressure point relief.
The second layer is the 1” gel-infused layer that assists in cooling and added pressure relief. The foundation of the mattress, the bottom layer, is 8.5” of high-density Performance Core Support.
The Luxury model, and every other model, has a thin cover that goes over the mattress that is made with soft cotton with the side panels are made from polypropylene and polyester.
- Firmness – The Live and Sleep creators created a product with a medium-balanced feel. On a scale of 10, where 10 is the firmest, this mattress ranks in at a 6 to 6.5. Thanks to the memory foam, it feels firm when you lay on it before softening and contouring to your body. With a medium firmness, this mattress appeals to the widest variety of sleepers.
- Support – From our experience, the Live and Sleep offers great support for both those who sleep on their back as well as on their side. The support isn’t a surprise since sleepers are sleeping on thick high-density foam constructed for the sole purpose of support. Using it left sleepers feeling revitalized and rested.An issue that can arise for light sleepers is the imprint the mattress will have every time you move. Heavier sleepers tend to not move as much in their sleep, giving them the luxury of creating a deeper body contour so that it feels like your body is enveloped every time you fall asleep.
- Pricing – Live and Sleep’s mattress is offered at an extremely affordable price although you can get it at even better prices when you choose their other models.We recommend the Luxury model as it is thicker and offers more cooling properties during sleep. You can get all three models in six different sizes: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and California King. The Luxury model’s price starts at $599.99 with the price going up by $50 until it reaches $949 for both the King and California King.
Our Live and Sleep mattress review revealed the following pros and cons:
- Live and Sleep has a variety of mattress to choose from so that you can choose the best one for your needs, while many other companies that are based on the internet offer only one mattress.
- The cover that’s on the Live and Sleep Mattresses is easily removable which makes maintaining and cleaning your memory foam mattress so much easier.
- The motion transfer for this mattress is minimal which comes as no surprise. The standard for premium memory foam mattresses is low motion transfer and full-body support.
- Live and Sleep only ships to those within the United States, although they do guarantee 2-day shipping for their customers within the USA.
- If the mattress doesn’t live up to your standards then you can return it after 50 days of use.
The Bottom Line
For those who are interested in a new mattress that is affordable and foam with medium firmness and low motion transfer, our Live and Sleep mattress review found them to be the best choice in our opinion.
Sleeping on it won’t make you feel like you’re walking on quicksand, and the high-quality materials that you get help with cooling and support. When it comes to the Live and Sleep, we at Smarttress feel that this mattress is worth every penny that you spend on it.