The Saatva Mattress Company began in 2010 and is one of the biggest online retailers for mattresses on the market. Saatva was one of the first online retailers to offer multiple mattress types that could appeal to all different kinds of sleeping positions.
Given its prominent position in the mattress industry, we wanted to test for ourselves if this company lives up to its reputation and still maintains the quality it has become known for. See the results of our testing here in the Saatva mattress review.
The Saatva company sells traditional innerspring mattresses alongside memory foam alternatives. The coil innerspring allows for maximum breathability and clean evaporation from nightly perspiring. This also acts as a deterrent for dust mites and germs. The additional layer of memory foam provides extra pressure point relief and will enhance the comfort of the mattress. Those with hip, back or joint pain can feel relief with the euro top pillow, as it provides cushion and contouring, along with firm support for the spine.
The Saatva mattress comes with the chiropractic seal of approval because of its “Spinal Zone” patented sleep technology. Chiropractors have long touted the importance of sleep ergonomics to support posture and reduce back pain. With the Saatva mattress, the Spinal Zone works to help reduce stiffness and back pain through its active wire support in the center of the mattress. The mattress is also the official mattress of Healthbridge Sleep Medicine, which is one of the premier sleep clinics in the northeast, and they believe the Saatva mattress can dramatically improve the quality of sleep.
The memory foam alternatives at Saatva are sold under the brand name Leaf, and latex mattresses are sold under the brand name Zenhaven. The mattress does come in a Premier Luxury version that is 14.5 inches tall with a Custom Slim version that comes in at 11.5 inches tall.
- Cover is made up of 100% organic cotton, soft and breathable
- Cover is also made up of quilted foam to create a euro type of pillow top that is connected directly into the top of the mattress
- Added strip of memory foam on the lumbar region of the cover, adding to pressure relief
- Beneath the cover is the foam layer that provides additional pressure relief
- The foam layer is designed to allow for air to flow through and not trap in heat
- The individually wrapped coils provide initial support as well as bounce, and is good at motion isolation
- The support layer is made of steel coils and it supports the layer above as well as the sleeper on top
- The coils create a lot of space, which helps with airflow
- The base is made of a poly foam that is high-density, and it is the foundation for the mattress
- The high-density poly foam also encases the coil layer for edge support
- If you like the traditional feel of an innerspring mattress, our Saatva mattress review found that this mattress is a good choice
- Our testers were more than pleased to report that the Saatva had the same luxury feel as a mattress at a high-end hotel
- The coils offer quick response to pressure, which allowed for easy position adjustment
- The structure of the coil on coil made for good back support, no matter the sleeping position
- If you like to feel like you are sleeping on top of the mattress, and not sinking into it, this is the mattress for you
- Good for back and stomach sleepers
- High quality manufacturing that is on par with luxury mattress makers
- It has both the advantages of innerspring and foam support
- The materials are all eco-friendly, including recycled steel, organic cotton, and eco-friendly memory foam
- Can be used with any size frame from twin to California King
- There are also options for anything from luxury firm to plush soft to firm
- Frames and accessories for the bed can be purchased on the Saatva website for an extra fee
- Financing is available
- The price is valued just right for the quality of mattress received
- In home delivery and setup is available
- Comes with a fifteen-year warranty of repair coverage (non-prorated) and two years replacement coverage (non-prorated)
- The mattress can be returned for a full refund within 120 days minus the delivery fee of $99.00
- Very good customer service, some have reviewed it as the best in the industry
- The company has an A+ rating through the BBB
- High owner satisfaction rating
- The company has garnered much press from these reputable outlet: Vogue, Architectural Digest, The New York Times, Today Show, HouseBeautiful, Good Morning American, and Fortune magazine.
- Some felt that there was questionable motion isolation
- The durability isn’t as good as some other mattresses
- Longevity of the mattresses is rated at fair
- Some reviews have stated that the timeliness of delivery is spotty
- Longer break in time
- Have to pay $100.00 to try the mattress if delivered to your house
Experience a Luxurious Sleep with the Saatva Mattress
With so many recognitions from sleep and health specialists as well as prominent magazines, it was hard not to be impressed by the Saatva mattress. In our Saatva mattress review, our testers found that this mattress lives up to the promises of a luxurious sleep with multiple options of plushness and firmness for any type of sleeper.
The combination of coils, high-density poly foam and memory foam were the winning points for the Saatva as they ensured a well-supported sleep that even chiropractors have approved. The combination also allows for the mattress to stay cool, offsetting the potential discomforts of an overheated mattress that are often associated with memory foam.