Tuft & Needle started as an online company in 2012, and it is a stand out because it is often priced significantly less than all other online brands. The mattress is constructed in the US and has been around the longest of all the online mattress brands. The goal of the company is to enhance sleep and improve the mattress shopping experience while offering transparent costs.
In our Tuft & Needle mattress review, we’ll give you the insights into whether the incredibly low cost can promise a high-quality sleep.
Tuft & Needle offers foam mattresses that are aimed at being a good fit for all sleeping types. The fit focuses on important factors that affect sleep such as pressure relief, support, and cooling. The mattress has thirty percent extra graphite, which allows for fifty percent of body heat to move away from the body. This means that throughout a night of sleep, cooling is maximized, leading to more comfort. Using their own proprietary foam and leaning on the founders’ tech backgrounds, the company has created a truly innovative mattress that can be enjoyed by many.
The mattress uses a straightforward construction with these features incorporated into it:
- The mattress is made of two foam layers, which all in all makes it ten inches thick
- The cover is made of a stretchy Tactel/Polyester blend. The design of the cover is thin in order to allow air to flow through the mattress, which in turn helps with temperature control. Tactel is a cotton substitute and often dries much quicker than cotton does, further helping with temperature regulation.
- The comfort layer of the mattress is constructed of three-inch-thick foam that is proprietary to Tuft & Needle. The foam provides a bounce to the mattress.
- The base of the mattress, below the comfort layer is made of seven inches of poly foam. The foam has a density of 1.8 pounds, and it makes up the support of the mattress. This lends to the shape and durability of the structure.
- No transition layer between the comfort and the base layer; this makes the firmness of the mattress suitable for people of all sleep positions.
- The motion transfer of the Tuft & Needle mattress is very minimal due to its construction, making it suitable for couples to sleep comfortably without disturbance.
- Upgraded ceramic gel will absorb five times more body heat than conventional gel.
- Open cell foam technology allows free flow of air throughout the mattress for additional temperature regulation.
- The new Mint mattress from Tuft & Needle features enhanced adaptive foam, with a thicker, charcoal knitted cover. This mattress has a twelve inch thickness with an extra transition layer, as opposed to the original mattress. The Mint has added edge support as well.
- Fits all frames from twin to California king sizes.
Tuft & Needle is made in the USA and receives some of the highest ratings online for customer satisfaction. In our Tuft & Needle mattress review, we found the following benefits:
- The mattress is breathable and cool
- We at Smarttress found it has good motion isolation and good pressure relief
- We also found it to be a good fit for back sleepers because it supports the lower back well
- The mattress is designed to support what chiropractors call sleep ergonomics, which helps to reduce body and back aches no matter the sleeping position
- The mattress has good edge support
- The company uses high-quality, handcrafted construction
- We especially liked the one-hundred-night trial and ten-year warranty that came with the mattress
- The price is spot on for the quality
- Amazon review rating of 4.5/5 stars, with over 10,000 reviews received
- Back and stomach sleepers find the mattress keeps their body properly aligned
- Transparent and reputable company
- Not fragile like coil and spring mattresses
- It doesn’t lack support like its latex counterparts
- Easy shopping experience as Tuft & Needle has partnered with Amazon to make buying a smooth process
- Delivered to your door in a small box that is easily unpacked in just minutes
- The ten-year warranty covers material defects in workmanship and materials
- The return process is easy through Tuft & Needle; call customer service, provide a receipt and the company will donate the mattress to a non-profit organization
- Financing is available anywhere from three to six to twelve months. All interest is up front, and there are no hidden fees
- Tuft & Needle is a Google Trusted Store, has a high star rating on Yelp and Amazon, and has received press through Entrepreneur, Fortune and Recode
- We found the initial firm feel of the mattress to be difficult for those who sleep on their sides
- The mattress takes some usage before it softens to the medium-firm state
- The mattress doesn’t come with a box spring, so we had to purchase that separately
- Since the company is online, you can’t try it before you buy it, but the trial period mitigates this.
- If you prefer spring mattresses, this mattress will probably not be for you
- Not a luxury mattress, it is no frills
Purchase the Tuft & Needle Mattress Today!
Overall, after our testing and trial runs for the Tuft & Needle mattress review, we at Smarttress found that the mattress lives up to the hype and promises of a restful sleep. The foam truly supports sleep ergonomics, and the thick layers of foam allow it to achieve the perfect balance of firmness and softness. Unlike many foam mattresses, the Tuft & Needle also allows for optimal cooling and preventing heat retention for a restful sleep.
It is worth noting that Tuft & Needle has the highest Amazon online rating for online mattresses. It is also especially convenient to purchase for Amazon customers since the company has partnered with Amazon to sell directly through Amazon Prime.
You can also head to the company website at https://www.tuftandneedle.com/ for purchasing options. The company has retail locations in Arizona and Seattle. Not only does the website sell the mattresses, but also frames, sheets, pillows and all other mattress and bedding accessories to go with their innovative mattresses.